TIPS FOR SUCCESSFUL AUTOMOTIVE EMAIL MARKETING
Email marketing is alive and well, and can be extremely effective when done right. If you own a car dealership and are thinking about revamping your automotive email marketing campaign, try these savvy tips:
- Start with a healthy email database. The best email marketing campaign on the planet won’t be effective if you’re not reaching your target audience. Make sure your email list is accurate and up-to-date with current contact information for your customers and prospects.
- Add appropriate data. The more data you have about your prospects, the more effective your email marketing will be. Details such as the make, model, and year of the vehicle they currently drive as well as demographic information such as gender, age, occupation, estimated income, and lifestyle are all important. With that type of data, you can create personalized emails that are much more likely to be effective.
- Make emails mobile responsive. According to the Direct Marketing Association, approximately 65 percent of emails are opened on a mobile device. If your email won’t open or display well on a mobile device, it will most likely get deleted.
- Utilize triggered email marketing. You can increase revenue per email, retention, program ROI and customer lifetime value by sending emails triggered by customer behavior. Considering that triggered email messages enjoy a 152 percent higher click through rate than tradition bulk messages (according to CampaignMonitor.com), developing these types of emails is absolutely worth it.
- Follow up. Incredibly, Cobalt Group’s National Automotive eShopper Experience Study revealed that 24 percent of email generated leads are ignored by dealers. What’s more, of those who do respond, 30 percent don’t follow up. Simply following up with information pertinent to your email leads will do wonders.
Finally, always proofread and edit your emails to make sure they are free from grammatical and spelling errors. Nothing says “unprofessional” like a sloppy email.Call to set up a demo